[PG-13][ON-GOING] BLAQ OUT!

Go down

[PG-13][ON-GOING] BLAQ OUT!

Post by astrogirl* on March 7th 2010, 4:10 pm

BLAQ OUT!

Hey guys :]
So I started this fiction a while ago...and I never thought people would like it.
As such, I'm like a proud mother: I'm always showing people this.
...yea, I know, I sound a little conceited. But can you blame me?
I sheltered my writing for years, and the one story I let out, people actually like.
Yea. I'm proud :]

I have posted this on four forums, WingLin, and my own site.
Just so you know I'm not plagiarizing :] Because, honestly, I'm not.

I'll try to update every week or so :]
I'm almost done writing this story, anyway. I'll be sad to see it end...
But that leaves me up for a sequel! Ahaha :]

DISCLAIMER
I do not own MBLAQ, Rain, J.Tune Entertainment, or any other characters/companies in this fanfiction unless otherwise stated.
Any actions/characteristics they may or may not display are merely fictional and are not reflections of the aforementioned people/companies.
This is rated [PG-13] for profanity. Read at own risk.

INDEX
Prologue.
001. 002.

prologue.

Bi Rain, international celebrity, singer, actor, producer of a boy band, and owner of J.Tune Entertainment, was bored.

And this, undoubtedly, was a bad sign.

The celebrity sighed and decided to check up on his young charges. He stood and stretched, ambling over to his door and walking across the hallway to their dorm. He knocked on the door and, hearing no response, tried the handle.

It was unlocked.

Frowning, Rain opened the door to discover…

…complete and utter chaos.

He stood frozen in the doorway, mouth dropped open in disbelief. The boys of MBLAQ had destroyed their small living room. The couches were upturned, their pillows strewn through the room. Joon was currently standing precariously on the edge of one of the couches and brandishing what looked to be the cardboard inside of a paper towel roll. He had tied a black shirt on his head and was clad only in black pants, his white boxers peeking out from the waistline. He and Byunghee, who was wearing black pants and a black wife-beater, were exchanging blows, complete with sound effects.

A similarly clad Sanghyun ran into the room, yelling, as a Chulyong dressed in all black was prodding him in the butt with another paper towel roll. Suddenly, Sanghyun whipped out his own paper town roll and began to block Chulyong’s blows.

Well… Rain thought, still in shock. At least Seungho knows to stay out of—

“YOU BETTER WATCH IT, BECAUSE I AM THE ULTIMATE NINJA!” screeched a voice. Seungho’s face popped up from behind the couch. “I CAN TAKE YOU ALL DOWN!” He laughed maniacally and proceeded to stab Joon in the ankle.

Joon dramatically gasped. “No! How could you? I have been betrayed by one of my own clan!” He swooned and fell, his body falling limp across the couch.

“Take that! And…that!” Chulyong was saying as he whacked Sanghyun with the cardboard.

“Nay! It is you who must take this!” Sanghyun yelled triumphantly, stabbing Chulyong in the chest.

Chulyong collapsed, clutching at his chest. “I will be back…for revenge!”

Sanghyun looked up towards Seungho and Byunghee as they walked towards him. “We have done it. The three of us have successfully conquered these two insolent whelps.”

“Yes. Now, we must celebrate!” Seungho said, grinning. “We fought hard, and we have earned this break from our slaughter of the two worthless men.”

Rain finally found his voice. “Indeed, you have.”

The boys looked up in shock as Chulyong and Joon sat up quickly. The looks of guilt on their faces transformed to sheepish grins as they saw the smirk on Rain’s face.

“Uh…hi, Rain-hyung!” Byunghee said innocently, as if they had just seen each other in the hallway. “How are you doing today?”

“What were you guys doing?” Rain asked, unable to suppress a smile.

“Uh…well…that is…” The boys shuffled around uncomfortably, knowing that their hyung was searching the room for a clue that had led to their weird behavior.

“We were watching your movie, hyung!” Chulyong blurted.

Joon smirked. “We were bored.”

Rain sighed in relief. “Whew, so it’s not just me.”

“…huh?” came the chorus of the five boys.

Rain surveyed the room, an idea forming in his head. He was bored, his band was bored.

Why not?

“So, guys. How do feel about a little trip to the United States?” Rain said.

“Um, I wouldn’t mind,” Sanghyun said.

“Can we go see Jaebeom-hyung? I’ve always wanted to meet him,” Chulyong said hopefully.

The plan solidified as a slow smile spread across Rain’s face. “Of course. Now, here’s what’s going to happen…”

Last edited by astrogirl* on April 4th 2010, 11:02 pm; edited 3 times in total

astrogirl*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [PG-13][ON-GOING] BLAQ OUT!

Post by JayWalker. on March 12th 2010, 6:52 pm

RAIN !! <3
Joonie!! <3
Love the Prologue!! Very Happy
JayWalker.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Masterflower

Back to top Go down

Post by astrogirl* on March 12th 2010, 7:15 pm

chapter one.

Rain.

That’s what hit me once I’d stepped outside.

Quite literally, rain.

I stared disbelievingly up at the sky. Really? Do you feel the need to torment me this way?

As if in answer to my question, droplets of water hit my head harder.

I scowled, pulling the hood of my sweatshirt up. Okay, okay. I get the hint. No more complaining about the weather. I promise. Not. Why does it have to rain during the summer?

I. Hate. Living. In. Washington.

Yea. I live in Washington. Home of the Mariners, Seahawks, apples, cherries, and…giver of bad haircuts.

I reached up and gingerly poked at my now inexplicably short hair. I could almost cry, it was so short.

Apparently, “I want just a trim, and layer my hair, please,” translates into “I want it all off. Oh, and give me a boy cut.”

So, here I was, walking along Seattle, bemoaning my misfortune at having a haircut. Well, it wasn’t the haircut that I minded as much as the fact that I NOW HAD BOY HAIR.

Honestly, what part of my appearance make it seem like I wante—

I caught sight of myself in the window of a shop. Oh. Right. I was dressed in black skinny jeans, my feet clad in black converse, and a Hurley hoodie over my school’s cross country t-shirt. With my hood up and my newly chopped off hair, I really did look like a boy.

Curse my twin brother. I blame him.

Wait. Hit pause for a minute: I better introduce and explain. Apparently, I have this tendency to ramble. And I don’t want you reading this and thinking, “WTF who is this girl, she’s so weird.”

…okay, I’m weird. But don’t judge me!

Anyway, my name is Michelle Chan. I belong to a Korean and Chinese family. And by family…well, our family isn’t really your typical family. First off, Dad’s Chinese and when he married Mom, a Korean, it almost caused World War III between the two households. That, and the fact that Dad’s about eight years older than Mom, didn’t help his in-laws like him any more than they were supposed to. But they couldn’t fight the fact that dear old Mom and Dad were desperately in loooove and so they let them get married.

I have a twin brother, as you probably know. His name is Michael, and he’s about five minutes younger than me: a fact that never gets old. We’re the only children in the Chan household, not that we mind much. That just means we don’t have to share with anybody, mwahaha.

We’re sixteen. And I guess you can say we look alike, though, personally, I think I look a lot better than my brother (okay, I never said I was modest). And we don’t look alike, at all. I think my eyes are considerably larger than his and I distinctly look like a girl. He wears glasses whereas I wear contacts (because, honestly, running cross-country is so much easier when you don’t have to worry about your glasses slipping off your face). He was a little taller than me, though not by much.

We also had completely different interests. He wasn’t so good at school, something my parents despaired in, while I, as the oldest, had to try hard. As a result, he was in the local band that did occasionally play once in a while. I was going off to college: the Academy at the University of Washington. Yay…fun…not.

Back to the story. My brother, Michael, had been preparing for a party and was traipsing about our house, carrying this huge vat of grape juice. My clothes had just been washed, in preparation for my going away to college, and I had been folding clothes in the living room.

I can tell that you know what’s going to happen next.

Michael then tripped, spilling purple liquid everywhere and dirtying every single item of clothing. Every article of clothing that I owned was now stained with dark, purple liquid. And they all reeked of, as Michael called it, “essence du grape.”

So, while my clothes were being cleaned, I had to wear Michael’s. Luckily (or unluckily, depending on how you looked at it) I could fit in the clothes of my equally thin twin and was now stuck wearing the majority of his clothing.

Ugh, no wonder that woman thought I was a guy.

I shifted uncomfortably, still standing in front of the window. I could feel my iPod, cell phone, wallet, and lip balm digging into my skin. How on earth did boys manage to wear skinny jeans? And they said that girls wore tight clothes. Ugh. Yea, right.

As I stood there studying my reflection, clogging up traffic, I felt someone come up behind me. I thought it was the shop owner, having heard the door open a few moments ago, and froze. I knew it was a he: I could see his slight reflection behind mine. He sounded as if he had been running, which added to the sense that the shop owner was mad. You never really knew with Seattle people.

“Um…I’m sorry,” I said, mentally cringing as I turned to face him.

My eyes widened at the sight of the man standing before me. He looked strangely familiar, yet I couldn’t really tell where I knew him from. He was dressed in dark blue jeans, a black hoodie with a bear on it, and a black baseball cap pulled down over his face. All I could see were his eyes.

“C-can I help you?” My voice shook a little and I will admit that I was scared and a little creeped out. There was a guy staring at me. This was weird in itself, but the fact that he didn’t budge was even weirder.

I saw his eyes crinkle as if he were smiling and the next thing I knew, he’d pressed a square of white cloth to my nose and mouth. I’d read enough novels to know what it probably was, so I tried not to inhale any of the substance. Unfortunately, I am human, after all, and so I took a breath as my lungs felt like they were about to burst. As I’d predicted, the world went black—but not before I’d caught a glimpse of the man’s face, leaving me with one confused thought:

…Rain…?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“It was nice meeting you guys,” Jaebeom said, already pulling up his hood to hide himself from the fangirls that were potentially milling about.

“Aw, nah, it was our pleasure, hyung,” Sanghyun said (as the only one out of MBLAQ that spoke fluent English, he had been designated the official translator), shaking the leadja’s hand. “We’ve heard so many things about you: all good things, of course.”

“Of course,” Jaebeom said with a laugh. “I’ve heard such good things about you as well. I know you guys only debuted October last year, but you have a huge fan base. I’m not gonna lie. Come back to the United States again, you hear? That’s a direct order from 2PM’s ex-leader!”

“Nah, you’ll always be 2PM’s leadja to the whole world,” Byunghee said in accented English, smiling.

The older boy smiled and shrugged, unaccustomed to this upfront and personal display of loyalty. “Well, anyway. I hope to see you guys soon, yea?” With a last wave, he walked down the street, shoving his hands into his pockets.

The boys of MBLAQ began to walk in another direction, having spotted their manager, trainer, and mentor a little ways up the street. “I can’t believe I just met Jaebeom-hyung!” Chulyong said, his eyes shining. “He’s so funny (even though I didn’t understand half of the Korean or English he said) and interesting! I wish he would go back to 2PM…”

“Hey, any more talking and people will think you have a crush on him,” Seungho said, gently punching the maknae on the arm.

Chulyong pouted and rubbed the sore spot. “Aw, hyung, you can’t blame me! Jaebeom-hyung is like, a god!”

Truth be told, Seungho was in slight awe of Jaebeom, too. He couldn’t help it: he’d heard so many stories about him from Sanghyun’s sister, Sandara, about how although Jaebeom didn’t really like training, he’d do anything for his brothers. He only hoped that he could be a good band leader like that.

“Hey, did you hear that joke?” Joon said, grinning as he slung an arm around Chulyong. “It’s like, ‘When I saw Jaebeom, I knew there was a god. Then, I heard him sing, and I knew he was a god.’”

Sanghyun rolled his eyes. “That’s such a lame joke, Joon.” He smiled slightly, seeing the pout-slash-frown that Joon shot him. “Okay, it’s funny. But it’s still lame, I tell you! Lame!”

“Hey, uh…” Byunghee, the final member to walk up to them, noticed the limp figure in Rain’s arms. “Hyung, did you already pick out someone?”

Chulyong wrinkled his nose. “Are you sure this guy is the one? I mean, he doesn’t look very old. Or strong. Or male-like, for that matter.”

“Nah, I know that this is the one.” Rain shrugged, jerking his head to the black car that was waiting by the sidewalk. “Now, let’s get back to the plane. I don’t want this fellow to wake up on us here. It might not be pretty.”

Ow. My head. What happened?

In a flash, it all came back to me: the hair, the clothes, the strange man, the chloroform.

Note to self: Avoid chloroform. It gives you headaches.

I automatically reached down and patted my pockets, sighing with relief when I felt that my electronics and money were still there. Cool air, however, on my head and a slight pressure on my back told me that my hood had fallen off.

I could feel slight pressure in the air and my eyes felt extremely dry. Scratching my head, I stood, wincing when I heard my knees crack from lack of movement. I opened the door and stepped out into a larger room.

I looked around the room I was in. There were chairs everywhere and the one I’d just vacated was positioned so that it was lying down. I narrowed my eyes—this setting seemed very familiar. I reached down and poked the chair, my mind still slightly fuzzy from the chloroform.

With dawning horror, I realized where I’d seen this layout before: an airplane.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Where am I going? Why am I on an airplane?

I noticed people sleeping, so being the stealthy, Asian ninja that I was, I crept up towards them and tried to get a look at their faces. The plane was dimly lit and I could barely see in front of me, let alone the features of the people. All I could tell was that they were male. Cute, pretty males, but distinctly male nonetheless. And familiar looking, too.

I narrowed my eyes, backing away from the five boys slightly and tapping my chin. Where on earth had I seen these boys before? I ran through a mental list of all the Asian males I knew that would find it humorous to kidnap me and take me away on a plane mere days before summer camp. All the guys I knew had known about my acceptance into OCAC, a prestigious summer camp in Taiwan, and they knew that I would be leaving soon, so why would they kidnap me? And they knew I’d fight back, so it’s not like they wouldn’t have gone to extremes…

Oh, right. The chloroform. That’s an extreme. I’d say so.

The plane shuddered a little. Great. Turbulence. I’d been on enough plane rides to know what was turbulence and what was just crappy steering on the pilot’s part. The aircraft moved again and, as I was recovering from that last shock, jolted so that I fell into the lap of the one closest to me. His eyes flew open and settled on my face, his arms crossing my back and pinning me to his chest. His eyes widened and, for a split second, we stared at each other before screaming.

“AUGH!” he yelled.

“SHIZZNICKLES!” I screamed back.

Which, of course, caused everybody else to wake up.

“Huh? What’s going on?” The one sitting next to him spoke in Korean, yawning. His eyes fell on me where I was still flung across the first guy’s lap. “Oh…I see.”

Korean, eh? I see those torturous years of learning Korean are finally paying off.

“Who the heck are you?” I asked, managing to maneuver my arm from its wedged position so that it was pointing at the second guy. “And can you let me up now?”

Lights flickered on. “Oh ho…I see you’ve got yourself a boyfriend,” said another.

Boyfriend?

The first guy flushed. “Seungho-hyung! For the last time, I am not gay!”

The third guy rolled his eyes. “I was just joking, jeez.”

Seungho? Where have I heard that before?

The second guy stretched in his seat. “Ah, calm down, Chulyong. Look, you woke everybody up, great.”

“Well, it’s not my fault, Joon-hyung!” the first guy screeched. “He just…fell on me!”

Chulyong? Joon? What? Sounds familiar…what…no…

“You guys are so noisy,” a fourth voice complained. “Byunghee’s going to snore now.”

“Not even,” said a fifth voice sleepily. “Shut up, Sanghyun, I don’t snore.”

I stood up shakily, mind whirring. Byunghee, Sanghyun…I swear, I know those names from somewhere. The question is, where? Deciding to throw caution to the wind (or the wolves), I spoke. “You know, maybe if you hadn’t kidnapped me, we wouldn’t be in this situation, now would we?”

“Passengers, this is your pilot speaking. This is a reminder to please remain calm. We are experiencing turbulence, as well as thunder and lightening. Rest assured, though, that there is nothing to worry about,” came the pilot’s voice.

“Oh, thanks for the warning,” I muttered, rolling my eyes.

Wait. Thunder.

My gaze slid back to the fourth boy who was now rubbing his eyes. Sanghyun…Thunder?

“MBLAQ,” I whispered.

Ignoring me, the third guy spoke. “You guys, you got him all pissed off now.” He sighed. “As leader, I suppose I’ll have to calm him down.”

I turned my head to look behind me, to search for this "him" guy they were talking about. There was no one there. Who the heck is he talking to. The media didn't say anything about Seungho being insane...

“What’s his name?” Seungho said, tilting his head back towards the fifth guy.

“Uh…I think the tag on his jacket said Minho or something," he said, shrugging.

Ahaha, sillies. Minho's my brother...not me. Close. Not quite. Because I am a girl, and as a girl, I am not a guy. Therefore my Korean is not Minho, you idiots, it's Min—

"You better be careful. Don't want Rain-hyung waking up on us from all this noise," the second guy said, chuckling to himself and shaking his head. "That guy can be really grumpy."

I looked at the second guy, feeling my brain register who that was. Of course: I knew why I hadn't recognized him instantly. After all, the first time I'd seen him, all I'd seen were his abs. Man, Joon had nice abs...

Joon. It’s Joon right in front of me.

I better not pass out. That would be really embarrassing. Plus, I’d never be able to watch another MBLAQ music video again.

Then, it hit me.

It dawned on me. “OH-EM-EFF-GEE!” I yelled, horrified, reverting back to English.

What the booger. MBLAQ and Rain Bi kidnapped me. And they think I'm a dude.

MBLAQ, as in Mir, Joon, Thunder, G.O, Seungho. MBLAQ, as in “Music Boys Live in Absolute Quality.” MBLAQ, as in the hottest thing since October of last year.

...and, Rain, as in the star of Ninja Assassin. Rain, as in "I'm so essited." Rain, as in the most amazing actor and singer I'd ever heard of.

I felt my head getting fuzzy as pressure increased. “Shit.” The edges of my vision were getting blurry and they darkened, a big contrast to the light.

Oh, wait, that light was now leaving. Bye bye, little light. Too bad you're leaving so early, we could've been friends, you know?

Sanghyun’s eyes widened. “Quick, catch him, I think he’s gonna fai—”

The last thing I remembered was seeing Mir’s face hovering over mine before the world went black.

astrogirl*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JayWalker. on March 16th 2010, 7:13 pm

:O
update soon.
JayWalker.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Masterflower

Back to top Go down

Post by astrogirl* on April 4th 2010, 10:54 pm

chapter two.

“Are you sure he’s okay?”

“I don’t know. Hard to say for sure. He keeps passing out.”

“What, not even. That was only twice, and the first time was because hyung stuffed chloroform in his face.”

He? Who’s he?

And why is everyone speaking in Korean?

“You can’t really stuff chloroform in people’s faces, you know.”

“Oh, whatever, hyung. Hey! I think he’s awake!”

I sat up gingerly for what seemed like the millionth time in days. Sitting nervously in front of me were five boys, the same I’d seen on the airplane. They had changed clothes, though. They were all wearing a black or white wife-beater, even if their pants were all different: two of them were wearing basketball shorts, one of them was wearing his pajama pants, one was wearing his jeans, and the last one was wearing his…

…boxers?!

I resisted the urge to rub my eyes and instead looked closer.

Yep. That guy is wearing boxers.

If not, then he’s wearing shorts that look uncommonly like boxers.

I took a look around the room I was in, using my hand to shift me up into a more comfortable position. I was on a large, white bed with what felt like a memory foam bed padding (oh, so relaxing). The pillows were extremely fluffy and I knew if I leaned back against them suddenly, they would poof.

I had the sudden urge to do just that.

Pushing down my childish thoughts, I kept looking around and trying to ignore the boys in front of me. The walls were also white, giving me the feeling that I was in a hospital. There was also a man standing in the doorway and leaning against the doorframe.

One of the boys spoke. “Hi…”

“Um…hi,” I said awkwardly. “So, uh. You guys are MBLAQ, right?” Now that I was fully awake, I could tell them all apart. Joon was wearing his boxers, Byunghee and Seungho were wearing basketball shorts, Sanghyun was wearing jeans, and Mir was wearing pajamas.

Gah. He is so freaking adorable I just want to squish his che—

“Do we need to introduce ourselves?”

“Huh?” I shook myself before registering the question, embarrassed at having been caught staring at the youngest member of MBLAQ. “N-no, I think I’m good.” I nodded at each of them in turn. “You’re Seungho, Byunghee, Joon, Cheondung, and Mir. MBLAQ, also known as Music Boys Live in Absolute Quality. But…uh,” I jerked my head at the figure in the doorway, “who’s that?”

The man pushed himself off the frame in one fluid motion. Once I saw the way he strode forward, I mentally berated myself for not recognizing him, even if he was in the shadows.

“I’m Rain,” he said with an easy smile.

I smiled sheepishly. “Yea…I know.” He raised an eyebrow at me. “No, I mean, I could just tell by the way you walked over, and…” I stole a look at their faces, which were grinning at probably the uncomfortable look on my own. “Oh, you know what? Just…just forget it, it’ll sound stupid anyway.”

“Um…yea…” Byunghee said after a lengthy silence. “So, tell me, Minho, how old are you?”

“Sixteen,” I said automatically.

There was a noticeable tension level in the room as the six males inhaled sharply. “What? You’re sixteen?” Joon said nervously. “You look so much older! Are you sure you’re sixteen?”

“Er…um, why would I lie about my age? It’s not like I’d have anything to gain from it. And don’t call me old, I’m still younger than you,” I shot back defensively.

“Crap,” Seungho said, covering his face with his hands. “Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap.”

“I thought you were nineteen!” Rain said.

“Well, I’m sorry.” I rolled my eyes. “Maybe you should’ve asked before kidnapping me! You know, you guys are freaking pedos!”

There was silence. “We…we’re not gay, you know,” Sanghyun said slowly, reverting to English.

I did the same. “Of course I know you’re not gay. What does that have to do with anything?”

Joon, Byunghee, Seungho, and Mir were watching us with strange fascination while Rain looked at Sanghyun and I with something akin to shock in his eyes. “You’re a girl,” he breathed.

“That’s right, oppa,” I said, stressing the last word in Korean.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mir mouthing “oppa,” understanding dawning in his eyes. “But…you’re lacking the necessary parts!” he blurted out.

I could have laughed if the situation weren’t so absurd. “I lack the necessary parts?!” I said incredulously, ignoring the fact that I was the only girl in the room. “Dude, I’d show you, but it’d be highly inappropriate and did I mention that I’m sixteen?! What the heck were you guys thinking when you kidnapped me?”

“We…ah, that is…we were bored,” Seungho said, scratching the back of his head.

“Oh. You were bored. So you decided to fly to America and kidnap a girl?” I said, raising an eyebrow. I knew I was probably overreacting and that I should be delighted to be here, away from the stress of daily life. I also knew I was pretty dang lucky to have been kidnapped by celebrities. I mean, how often does that happen?

Pretty much…never.

But somehow, I couldn’t bring myself to be even pleased.

“Wait!” Joon said, his eyes lighting up. “You’re a girl!”

I stared at him disbelievingly. “Is…is he for real?” I said to Sanghyun.

He nodded, sighing. “Joon isn’t the brightest.”

“But…I am the hottest,” came a seductive whisper in my ear. I turned my head to see Joon’s face millimeters away from mine, his breath brushing my lips.

I couldn’t help it: I blushed. “I-I, uh, well, um…”

He smirked as I stammered, sitting himself next to me on the bed and pulling me flush against him. “I think we’ll keep her, no? It might be entertaining.”

“Oh, please,” Rain said, rolling his eyes. “You talk about her as if she were a pet or something. She’s a girl, Joon, and not to be one of your conquests. Remember, she’s five years younger than you.”

“Psh, it’s just five years,” Joon said, waving a hand aimlessly through the air. “That’s not that big of an age difference. My aunt and uncle are ten years apart.”

“Anyway,” Seungho broke him. “Back to the matter at hand. What’s your name? And do you want to stay here?”

I swallowed nervously. I could feel heat radiating off Joon’s body, and I wasn’t sure if he was sending out seductive vibes to the girls in the room (okay, or just me) or if I was just imagining this whole ordeal. “I’m Michelle—uh, that is, Minhae. And…I-I don’t know, I’m due to start summer camp soon…”

“Did you already pay for summer camp?” Mir said.

“What?” It was hard to concentrate when there was such a fine specimen of a male sitting next to me. “I’m sorry, uh, say that again?”

Mir smiled and I knew that he understood. “For the summer camp? Did you already pay for everything?”

“Um…” I wracked my head. “I-I think so.” I looked down at what I was wearing and, seeing the date on a nearby calendar, barely managed to suppress a swear (as well as a shudder). “I hate to sound all feminine, but can I please take a shower?”

This time, it was the boys who looked taken aback. “We don’t have any clothes for you to wear, though,” Byunghee said.

I shrugged, noticing that Joon was moved farther away from me with the motion. Yes! Score one for the girl. “That’s okay. Eh…I think Mir’s the skinniest? Can I just borrow clothes from him for now?”

“Sure…if you don’t mind male-smelling clothes,” he offered.

I smiled wryly. “I’ve been wearing my brother’s clothes. If that doesn’t smell like stinky male deodorant, I don’t know what does.”

“Okay.” He stood and gestured for me to follow him. “Come on, I’ll show you where our bathroom door is.”

I stood to leave but felt something tug at my hand. Looking back, I saw Joon lift it up, turn it over, and press a kiss into my palm. He looked up and saw me staring at him with wide eyes. He smirked. “We’ll talk later.”

“I…uh, yea.” What was it about this guy that could make me turn to mush? I swear, maybe he’s giving off pheromones or something. Some sort of energy that makes females get all defenseless.

Stupid boy.

I saw Mir disappear into a doorway and knew it must be his room. When I got there, he was ripping open a new pack of a boxer/wife-beater set. “Hey.”

“You don’t have to open a new pack for me, you know,” I said guiltily.

He smiled. “Nah, it’s fine. These are too small for me anyway. I don’t know what nuna was thinking when she bought them for me.”

“Oh.” Slightly mollified, I watched him carefully fold the wrinkled clothing that had been in the packaging before handing it to me. “I…thanks.”

“No problem.” We stood in awkward silence for a few minutes. “Sorry about Joon-hyung. He’s kind of…out there. He likes to flirt with girls.”

“Yea, I noticed,” I said, unable to fight back a helpless smile.

He gave me a small grin and led me down another hallway into a large bathroom. “So, here’s the bathroom, and there’s the shower. I assume you know how to shower?” I raised my eyebrows at him. “Right. Okay, so…uh, yea. Shower. And we’ll see you soon.”

I nodded at him and he let himself out the bathroom. I reached for the handle and pushed in the smaller circle on it, waiting for the lock to click.

Nothing happened.

Frowning, I tried it a few more times, but nothing worked.

Well…they know I’m in here, so I should be okay.

With that thought in mind, I stripped myself of clothing and first washed my underclothes (I’d have to wear them again, as gross as that may sound) and hung them on the towel rack to dry. I stepped under the shower, relaxing slightly as I felt the hot water hit my back.

Finishing up, I rinsed the soap off and grabbed the nearest large towel (which, of course, was white) and wrapped it around my body. I carefully climbed out of the shower and was holding up the clothes Mir had lent me. They would suffice, I suppose, but it would be bad to go out in them: I’m pretty sure all the Koreans would think that I had no class, walking out into the hot summer day just wearing a tank top and some guy’s boxer shorts. They did look comfy, thou—

SLAM. I looked up, distracted, to see a horrified Mir standing in the doorway. “GACK! I’m sorry! The door-it doesn’t lock and I just—you know—don’t kill me!”

“WHAT THE SHIZZ?” I shrieked. “Why on earth doesn’t your bathroom door lock?”

“Because we never really had a need to barge in on people of the opposite gender, and we’ve seen each other naked anyways!” Mir retorted, shielding his eyes.

“And what the FREAK are you covering your eyes for, I’m wearing a towel!” I shouted.

“You’re a GIRL, that’s why!” he shot back.

I looked at him as he put his hands down and we both began to laugh, realizing how utterly ridiculous this situation was. “I…sorry for yelling at you,” I said once we’d calmed down.

“It’s okay. I’m sorry…I should’ve knocked. I guess I’m just so used to walking in,” he said, shrugging. “Oh! I brought this for you. I thought you might not want a white wife-beater.” He held up the black one that was clutched in his hand and gave it to me.

“Thanks.” I watched him leave, closing the door quietly. I sighed again, turning around and walking over to the towel rack to poke experimentally at the clothes I had laid out to dry. They were still a little damp, but dry enough that they would dry quickly if I used the hairdryer.

That done, I finished dressing and opened the door to dissipate the steam. I looked at my hair in the slightly foggy mirror, messing it up and combing it back down again repeatedly.

I guess I don’t really mind this haircut after all…

“But I think I’m way too pretty to be a boy,” I muttered.

“Well, aren’t we modest?” I heard a voice say in sweet, beloved English. Whirling around, I saw Sanghyun standing in the doorway. “I didn’t mean it that way, I just thought, you know, because I’m a girl and all…”

He chuckled as he strode over to me, shaking his head. “I know what you mean.” When he stood next to me, he seemed so much taller. “Hey, did Chulyong tell you? Don’t worry about Joon.”

“Yea, I know, he can’t help it.” I looked up at him. “It’s weird. He kind of got to me.”

“He does that.” Sanghyun shrugged. “Anyway, I came to tell you that Rain-hyung left. It’s been decided that you’ll stay here—summer camp doesn’t really sound fun. Just call your parents once you get down to the kitchen, okay?” Without waiting for an answer, he ruffled my hair and walked out of the bathroom.

“Yea…” I stared at myself in the mirror and sighed. “Too early to have heart-to-hearts. Damn this female gene in me.” Picking up the towel, I gave myself one last, vain look in the mirror before walking out.

“What do you think of Minhae?” Byunghee said, passing Joon a mug of coffee.

The younger boy shrugged. “Dunno. She’s easy to mess with, that’s for sure. And man, it’s so funny seeing her angry. Her eyes flash and her cheeks get red and she bites her lip…” He smiled slightly, taking a sip of coffee.

“We’ve only known her for one day,” Seungho said from where he was leaning on the counter. “And you might want to tone down the flirting.”

“Don’t know what you mean, hyung,” Joon said. “I just think she’s pretty. That’s it.”

“Uh-huh,” Seungho said, not sounding convinced. “I think you might have a crush on her.”

“Not even,” Joon said. He rolled his eyes. “Come on, can’t I just think she’s pretty? I mean, who wouldn’t? She has huge eyes and she’s just the perfect height and, wow, her voice is amazing.”

“…right,” Byunghee said. “Maybe we can work on that ‘voice is amazing’ part and get her signed with J.Tune, but in the meantime, stay low, okay?”

“I don’t see why I should.” Joon said, shrugging. He looked around to see if there was anyone listening but Byunghee and Seungho before continuing. “I...I might like her. You happy? I said it.”

“I’m never happy.” Seungho looked at his watch. “There’s no more time to debate this. We’ve got to get ready to go to that photoshoot we have for Adidas.”

“I’ll go get Minhae,” Byunghee said before Joon could react. He stood and placed his mug in the sink.

A knock sounded at the door, startling me. "Minhae, you want to come with us to the photoshoot?"

"Um...sure, I'll have to borrow more clothes, though," I said, trying not to let my voice shake.

"Okay. Just go grab some from Chulyong." I heard footsteps retreating.

I exhaled as I exited the bathroom, almost immediately bumping into Joon. "What's the rush? You're here with me now," he said, a slow smirk spreading across his face.

"Gotta get ready for the photoshoot," I mumbled.

Flirtatious Joon turned into Concerned Joon. "What's wrong? Did Sanghyun say something weird to you?"

"What? N-no, what would make you say that?" I forced a smile on my face. "I just need to talk to Mir so I can get dressed, you know?"

"Okay." He winked at me, the smirk back. "I call dibs on sitting next to you, though." He turned to walk away, tossing words over his shoulder. "And it's a two-hour long drive. Just to let you know."

Five rushed minutes later, in which I borrowed Mir's only pair of skinny jeans (from two years ago...who knows why he brought them) and his COLONIZE sweatshirt, we were all seated in a black van. I was sandwiched between Mir and Joon. Mir had fallen asleep, his head pillowed on my shoulder. Joon and I had split the ear buds to my iPod and were listening to Chinese music.

For once in my life, I couldn't focus on the music. My mind kept drifting back to what I'd accidentally heard.

“I...I might like her.”

Joon's voice broke me out of my thoughts. "Minhae?"

"Y-yea, oppa?" I said, heart pounding. Why on earth was I so nervous around him?

He bent his head down, lips brushing my ear. "We're here." I turned to look at him, hearing a smile in his voice. He looked amused at the look on my face. "Wake Chulyong up for me, will you?"

I nodded, getting ready to shake Mir awake. The van suddenly shook and I jolted to the side, eyes reflexively clenched shut.

When I opened them again, every single member of MBLAQ (excluding Mir, who was somehow still asleep) was staring at me...

...because I'd just kissed Joon.

@isarang.JAY; thanks for reading Very Happy

astrogirl*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum